OK, I finally got it worked out to where I can put pictures on. As you can see I got my hair braided, it took 10 1/2 hours but I really like it and its much easier to manage. Plus it helps me to blend in more and look less like a mzungu, or white person. Mary, our wonderful cook, did it for me, we spent the whole day together watching movies. She really liked watching all the american movies and was suprised that they film at night. Probably because most african films are only filmed during the day.
I'll put more pictures on as soon as I can. Hope all is well with you.
Oh my gosh I LOVE your hair!!!! =] && those lil kids are soo cute!!
ReplyDelete10 1/2 hours!!! holy!!! I bet your head hurt way bad after wards, and your neck! at least thats how it was when my hair got braided. LOVE YOU DEAR!!! =]
ps. you look super legit with your bag and hair and awesome shirt - & BEAUTIFUL FACE!!!! <3
ReplyDeleteHi Lesley! This is Emily from school... You look beautiful in your picture, and it sounds like you are having the time of your life! What kind of adjustments have you had to make living there? I'd love to hear from you! You can comment back on my blog www.all-emcompassing.blogspot.com (which I update rarely... but go on to look at other people's a lot :) ) or on facebook. Peace, Emily.
ReplyDeleteI love your hair!! That is just the coolest picture ever! I am so happy for you lesley, it looks like you are having a great experience. Keep it real girl!!
ReplyDelete-Andrea Horton
Thanks so much for posting the picture!! You look soo legit!! like TOO legit!! you know where this is going... haha!! What a great picture!! those kids are adorable!! I love you Lesley! :D
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the hair man! I am a serious loser and haven't been on here for quite a while, obviously but ya I am so happy to see a picture! I am wickedly jealous of you and wish I coulda rafted down the Nile with ya but then I woulda screamed like a little girl cus it woulda scared my hat right off my head!
ReplyDelete