Hey everyone one another eventful week has past,Lugazi just finished is mayoral election and there is a new mayor in town. His slogan we just "OBAMA" which I guess the them means change, progress, hope. Now with the elections over and feeling well again the work can finally get a move on. I am working with a local womens group to help establish a ESL/Literacy program, they started the program last year but need a restart, we meet with the women on tuesday and I am very excited to see how we can help. I've also been working with a awesome group of local youth that run The Youth Outreach Mission, they are only 18 and 19 yrs old but they are doing soooo much to reach out the community and solve the problems that they see. We are working with them on AIDS/HIV education and pervention, we will be going to local schools and talk to the kids on prevention and other health issues.
Well with the week being full of business we get the weekend to relax. This weekend we didn't it total tourist style. A small group of us went into Jinga friday night and had dinner at this amazing restaurant, really good burgers. Then we boda-ed out Adrift camp resort, they have hot showers, flushing toilets and an amazing view of the Nile River from the outdoor bar. After sleeping in a giant 4 level bunk bed we met up with the rest of the group and white water rafting down THE NILE!!! And it was serious rafting we went over class 4 and even class 5 rapids, luckily my raft only flipped once but there were a few times I was afraid for my life. But it was totally worth it!! It was such an awesome experience and the greatest adventure ever! Now I have a wicked sunburn to show for it and the awesome chance to say the I rafted the Nile in Africa.
P.S. I am still trying to work on getting pictures, because of all the viruses it may be awhile, if at all. :(
P.S.S If you read this and like something or have a question, PLEASE comment, I don't know if anyone is actually reading this I would love to hear what you think, Thanks :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm totally reading it!!! I'm so jealous over your adventure--I'D like to raft down the Nile! Alas, I've only rafted down the Deschutes, and have fallen out numerous times--and I think their rapids don't even go over class 3. So that basically makes me a wuss.
ReplyDeletePost pictures! Post pictures! Post pictures!
Jealous. That is all I have to say. . .
ReplyDeleteLesley!! I totally miss you! I love reading your adventures! and I'm sooooo jealous :) thanks for the updates. You are pretty much the coolest ever! Love you girl! :)
ReplyDeleteLesley!!!
ReplyDeleteI read your blog all the time. I love hearing about all the amazing things you are doing in Africa. I am sooo jealous. I cant wait to see pictures!!
Elizabeth Murray
Guess you can say all of the prep work and sacrifice to get there was worth it. PLEEEEZ stay healthy and safe, praying for you every day. MOM ps Quit with the sunburns!
ReplyDeleteI love reading about what you're doing!! =]
ReplyDeleteMakes me want to have some crazy awesome adventures someday soon too! I love you my dear!! Be safe and have fun! muah!