Well it has finally hit, on Sunday night about 8 volunteers, including myself, all go sick within hours of each other. I was one of the lucky few who did not throw but could have easily done so if I would have gotten out of bed. Most of us spent all day yesterday and most of today just sitting in bed. I was able to barrow a computer from someone and watched movies most of the time. I think by tomorrow everyone will be back to normal. Its been quite another experience to come to Africa and then sit in bed all day.
Other than that life is good, I went shopping on Saturday in a town called Jinja, its a much more touristy town. Then have great shopping for authentic Africa clothes and trinkets, I got myself a super awesome bag. Plus they have an American Restaurant there!!! I had a cheeseburger with mushrooms and bacon with a small salad and fries on the side!! I was the best meal! The local food is great but there is not very much variety so you can kind of get sick of fruit after awhile. They have this food called Chibattia, its like a thick tortilla. It is so good, Mary our awesome cook has been teaching me how to make them and some other local dishes.
It seems like I've lived here forever even though its only been a week, time moves very slowly here but its rather refreshing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment